Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Ski You Later


I hate midtown New York as much as the next person. Lame-o tourists, excessively, bright neon lights, and some dude trying to get me to go to a comedy show, is not my idea of a good time. Thankfully there’s finally a respite from hell known as midtown. Aspen Social Club is a comfy Colorado ski lodge right in the art of the Big Apple.


The themed bar is located in hotelier extraordinaire Vikram Chatwal’s new hotel Stay. Frankly, I can’t imagine why anyone would want to stay anywhere near Times Square, but I digress.


The rugged menu features such Rocky Mountain favorites as Elk Sausage Cranberry Compote, Trout Taco, Colorado Lamb Lollipops, and a tribute to former Aspen denizen, Hunter S. Thompson, a shot of Bailey’s topped off with Chivas Regal.


While, I’m definitely not trekking to Times Square just to hang out in a faux ski lodge, the next time I have to take an out-of-town friend/relative to a Broadway play, you know where I’ll be afterwards getting toasted.


Aspen Social Club. 157 West 47th Street, New York, NY. 212.221.7200 www.aspensocialclub.com
www.stayhotelny.com




Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: