Tuesday, July 17, 2007

I love Boyz


She’s Baaaaack.

Our favorite Sri Lankan British hip hop star and yours, M.I.A. is back and better than ever with a new tour, a new album, and last but not least a new ‘do.

The still colorful Maya Arulpragasam, aka M.I.A., starts touring this Saturday July 21st in support of her new album Kala, which debuts in August. The album, named after her mother (Arular was named after her dad) features collaborations from the likes of ever ubiquitous Timbaland, DJ Switch, Diplo, to name a few. For a sneak peak, check out the video for “Boyz” on her website, complete with a multicolored spandex M.I.A., singing and dancing amidst a background of male Jamaican dancers and laced with neon graphics.

This summer, you can catch M.I.A. in all of her glory. Dancehall, reggae, Bollywood, 80s dance party, hip-hop, rebellion, English, American, African, politics, Jamaican, it all comes together when M.I.A. takes to the stage. With tour dates scheduled throughout the U.S. and Europe, you no doubt will have plenty of opportunities to see the bad ass in action.

Hopefully this time she won’t have any visa …. um “problems”.

M.I.A.’s tour starts Saturday July 21st, with a performance at the Siren Festival in Brooklyn, NY. Check the official website for additional upcoming dates and news, www.miauk.com

Kala drops August 21 in the U.S., August 20th in the U.K.